Some claim the hardest part of writing a piece is getting started. However, choosing a topic comes before this first step. This pastime consumes a significant amount of time, and imagination isn't always on your side. This is where our list of the best research paper themes might help.
To turn an ordinary piece of writing into a research paper, we gathered the most unhacked and powerful thoughts. With our assistance, you will learn what a research paper is and how to select appropriate and fascinating study topics.
Writing a research topic on your own necessitates either creating one from scratch (based on your interests and goals, as well as some brainstorming) or drawing inspiration from a variety of sources, such as preassembled topic lists, course material, teachers, real life, news headlines, published research in the respective field, and so on.
How Do You Pick a Good Research Paper Subject?
While it may appear difficult to come up with a solid research paper topic as you try to narrow things down, the key is to choose something that has an impact on you since you are familiar with it and can back up your claims with relevant data. The topic should be well-structured and pertinent to your thesis. Always take the time to research your list of sources before composing your topic sentences and ensuring that they are relevant to your thesis. Here are some things to think about:
1. Begin by observing your passions.
If you're stumped for ideas for a creative essay, it's best to decide what interests you the most. Don't limit yourself to easy research paper subjects merely to get the job done quickly. If you have the freedom to choose what you want to write about for your essay, take use of it. Make a list of your hobbies and split each one down into smaller subtopics. It will be easier to make up your mind and begin considering a certain topic if you have a list in front of you.
Then you should decide the component of the issue you want to focus on in your research paper. A list will come in handy once more. To include all of the reasons and objections to the issues, use a pros/cons form.
2. Make a research question that is both argumentative and persuasive.
Finding a component that is relevant to your course and the subject in general is the most difficult aspect of choosing a competitive research paper topic. While it may appear that making a broad assertion is adequate, your arguments should involve a specific research question. Consider why you choose a certain topic and how your research will help you understand it better or bring novel solutions.
3. Examine the various research topic options.
Because we've already discussed the hazards of picking something too broad, it's critical to narrow things down and develop a list of possible research paper topics on the same topic. To put it another way, you can list at least five different topics and see if you can locate enough facts to back them up with sources or statistical data. Keep in mind how important the language of your topic is!
4. Make a compelling thesis statement.
Because these two concepts must be interconnected, it must be done at the same time as you choose your research paper topic. The essential notion of your thesis statement must be reflected in your subject. Make sure you have a list of sources ready ahead of time so you can include pertinent information in your body paragraphs. They must, as usual, provide supporting evidence for the thesis statement's premise and the study goal.
What are the three different kinds of research questions?
Before you start brainstorming research question ideas, keep in mind that there are three main sorts of research questions:
- descriptive – these make meticulous and thorough observations of a phenomenon, event, subject, trait, or other thing in order to characterize it in depth and maybe discover important/ interesting/ undescribed elements or patterns.
- causal – These studies look into whether changing one variable causes changes in other variables, implying a causal relationship.
- comparative – these investigate the similarities and differences of two or more entities.
What Makes a Good Topic for a Research Paper?
The following characteristics seem to characterize good research questions:
- Detailed and definite – the investigation's goals and (anticipated outcomes) must be precise and well-defined.
- Original - looking at elements, entities, or relationships that have never been looked into previously.
- Important/impactful for a community, society, or a professional field.
- Exteremely relevant for potential readers/reviewers.
- Trending since emerging disciplines/topics pique curiosity because of their novelty and yet-to-be-tapped potential.
Topics for Research Papers for College Students
- The selection of college internships and scholarships is skewed.
- Reverse discrimination issues in post-college employment
- Should multicultural education concepts be implemented more thoroughly?
- The use of drugs and alcohol on college campuses
- Is social media assisting students in finding relevant information and learning?
- In modern colleges, there are support groups for students suffering from psychological disorders.
- Should students with ADHD and Autism be separated from the rest of the class?
- College political campaigns: the art of persuasion
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Religious Colleges
- Should college athletes be paid and given special treatment?
Topics for Medical Research Papers
- Is it necessary to continue receiving life-sustaining therapy when it is futile?
- The Function of Placebo Treatment
- How can animal testing be avoided?
- Medical marijuana's benefits and drawbacks
- Is cow milk good for you?
- Is it beneficial to a child's health to be a vegetarian?
- What is the impact of obesity on our health?
- Vaccines for children: are they beneficial or harmful?
- Should prescription drugs be advertised to consumers directly?
- Do doctors cause their patients to become drug addicts?
Topics for Health Research Papers
- The difficulties associated with deafness and communication difficulties among special needs students
- Global health security is a concept.
- Methods for reducing household air pollution
- How infectious disease information is disseminated online
- Should people be given more information about climate change issues?
- The issue of privacy as well as personal health concerns
- The role of fitness advertisements in exercise practices
- Healthy food standards are not always objective.
- Social media's role in the medical care system
- The psychological aspect of allergy perception
Read also: Great Ideas for Nursing Research
Ideas for Education Research Papers
- How do standardized tests help to improve education?
- Is it true that college graduates earn more money?
- Should education be made more affordable?
- What impact will modern technologies have on the future of education?
- The development of special learning methods for blind children
- School and social networking
- Metal detectors are used in schools.
- The effects of modern teaching methods
- Technology's Role in Lesson Planning
- How do you manage bullies and combat bullying in educational institutions?
Read also: 150+ Topics & Ideas for Education Research
Environment Research Paper Topics
- How can we slow global warming?
- How can we reduce paper waste and save trees?
- Can overpopulation be controlled?
- Should there be more films about environmental issues made?
- The effects of humans on forests
- Earthquake underground effects
- How do you design the best hurricane-proofing strategy for your building?
- Is it possible to forecast the effects of a hurricane?
- Is nuclear energy safe for humans to use?
- GMO food: how dangerous is it?
Topics for Research in Entertainment and Sport
- Are social networks beneficial to our society?
- Do violent video games cause children to become enraged and cruel?
- Is it necessary to outlaw the use of animals for entertainment?
- Do beauty pageants set unattainable beauty standards?
- Are online information sources going to supplant newspapers?
- How do video game consoles influence young people?
- Should women be permitted to compete with men?
- What television shows should be prohibited?
- How do TV shows impose fictitious moral standards?
- Can teens' self-esteem be lowered by using social media sites like Facebook?
Media and Communication Research Paper Topics
- Should advertisements aimed at children be prohibited in the media?
- The Media's Role in Mediation
- Bloggers, should they be considered journalists?
- The Ethical Aspects of Modern News Reporting
- Online freedom of expression
- The restrictions imposed by copyright laws, as well as the hazy concepts
- The significance of psychology and communication abilities in journalism
- Gender's Role in Interpersonal Communication
- Nonverbal communication standards in the modern era
- Instagram's negative impact and body image distortion
Politics Research Paper Topics
- Should the legal drinking age be reduced?
- Should adults be allowed to carry a concealed handgun?
- More gun control legislation should be enacted.
- What steps can the international community take to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- How can ethnic killings be put a stop?
- The current prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace
- What would the world be like if there were no wars?
- How can we avoid a workforce reduction?
- Is the death penalty permissible?
- Is socialism a viable option?
Ideas for Psychology Research Papers
- Is autism a disease or a developmental abnormality?
- How can we predict and shape behavioral patterns?
- How do you deal with child abuse?
- How do you handle a mental breakdown?
- The effect of classical music on brain function
- How does sleep deprivation affect our health?
- How do bad dreams affect our mood?
- Is it true that stress is bad for you?
- How does depression affect the immune system?
- How is it possible to have intellectually gifted people?
Read also: Hot Psychology Research Topics for 2021
Ideas for Science and Technology Research Papers
- What role does light play in the treatment of cancer and other diseases?
- What is the most recent evidence that Mars once had water and possibly life?
- Can nanomedicine potentially increase human life expectancy?
- What do you think the future of computing and artificial intelligence will be?
- The potential role of cryogenics in the future
- Can alternative energy effectively substitute for fossil fuels?
- Is it beneficial for wild animals to interact with humans?
- What proof do we have that CMB is a result of the big bang?
- How will self-driving cars alter people's lives?
- Can using a system such as bitcoin help to protect against identity theft?
Ideas for Culture Research Topics
- A new understanding of past events
- The origins of racial prejudice
- Antisemitism's origins
- The influence of advertisements and commercials on contemporary art
- The most notable cultural achievements of the twentieth century and their impact on our society
- Throughout history, there have been cultural revolutions.
- How do pop culture trends influence young people?
- Should pregnant celebrities be allowed to appear on magazine covers?
- What was the significance of Greek cultural influence in the ancient Mediterranean world?
- What caused the Victorian era to be a time of cultural change?
Read Also: Civil Rights Movement Essay Topics
Math Research Paper Topics
- The impact of algorithms
- Is it possible to devise a successful monopoly strategy?
- Why is 'x' the unknown?
- How has math influenced the world?
- What is the answer to McDonald's math problem?
- How do mathematicians grasp such difficult concepts so quickly?
- Should high school math competitions be prohibited?
- What is the connection between music and mathematics?
- Is it possible that math formulas are ever used in real life?
- What are some of the most perplexing math problems you've ever encountered?
Business Research Paper Topics
- How do shady business practices operate?
- Can business be started without money?
- Notable business leaders
- Family business and entrepreneurship
- Ethical decision making in everyday work situations
- What are the most effective small business marketing strategies?
- Is it worthwhile to expand your company into a new region or country?
- How to Create a Profitable Startup
- The role of international business in achieving long-term development
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies
Middle School Research Paper Topics
- Is becoming a vegan the healthiest option for you?
- Is the greenhouse effect man-made or natural?
- Earthquake causes, effects, and consequences
- How many computer games can one play before becoming addicted?
- Diana's dynasty and Princess Diana
- Why is competition so important to humans?
- How did poetry evolve?
- Ancient sailors' methods for globe navigation
- Gender roles in children's literature and cartoons
- Who is the greatest general in human history?
Ideas for High School Research Papers
- Methods for dealing with drug addiction in high school
- The debate over physical vs. digital communication
- The body image and the K-Pop culture
- The importance of school volunteering and social work
- The changes to the academic process due to Covid-19
- The Trail of Tears' legacy
- Motivation's role in becoming a better student
- The importance of printed books and libraries
- The ways to improve school safety
- The significance of parental involvement in schoolwork
History Research Paper Topics
- What were the impacts of World War II on the rights of women?
- What factors initiated the WWII
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What were the consequences of women suffrage movements
- What was the impact of Martin Luther King’s protest against the Catholic church
- What is the most effective military strategy of all time
- How has Asian art influenced contemporary art
- How have different monetary systems affected the development of humanity
- What is the correlation between the Roman and Greek culture?
- Aztec empire and its architecture
Read also: Topics for History Essays for Outstanding Papers
Art Research Paper Ideas
- The reasons why digital museums must be present and made available
- The peculiarities of the Flemish artists
- Should Japanese anime be considered as a separate art form?
- The role of Photoshop and similar digital solutions in the perception of modern art
- The history of photography and the artistic expression forms
- The challenges of the modern artists during social distancing times
- The Middle Eastern perception of color and the light
- Ancient Rome's role in the creation of the sculptures
- Should the artists be allowed to represent their works in public parks?
- The importance of art education in middle schools
Literature Research Paper Topics
- The American dream literature
- How does harry potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Can you show a new aspect of prose based on the independent investigation
- The prose of women suffrage movements
- The dawn of literature on modern society
- Why do authors use metaphors and similes
- Evaluate and discuss the allegory of 2 random novels
- What factors are helpful in allowing you to identify the genre of a novel you are reading
- Is fanfiction considered a form of literature in its own right?
- The use of romance and sex in Renaissance fiction as a propaganda tool
Law Research Paper Topics
- How is Islamic law perceived around the world?
- Is ECOLEX a stepping stone to environmental law?
- Why is it important to understand the GATT documents?
- What is the role of the European Patent Office?
- The law of mass communication
- The impact of women's authority in various countries around the world
- Assess the effectiveness of international criminal law court tools.
- Detailed comparative criminal procedure analysis and report
- Exciting inter-American human rights library outtakes
- Is the US Copyright Office truly assisting writers in defending their businesses?
Ideas for Religion Research Papers
- The Bible's depiction of bisexuality
- Economics and Christianity
- Religion and modernism
- Religion and sexuality
- Pastrol as well as religious counseling
- Design that is intelligent
- Churches and community service
- How do teenagers view religion?
- Religion and women
Read also: Persuasive Essay Topics and Ideas and Narrative Essay Topics and Ideas
Topics for Argumentative Research Papers
- Should education be made available to all?
- Influencers and bloggers should not be considered a job.
- The role of military service is a path to maturity.
- Should access to the internet be restricted during college lectures?
- The death penalty is not an ethical option.
- The fashion industry has a negative impact on young people.
- The concept of fair play should be financially rewarded.
- Should smoking be prohibited indoors?
- Religious differences are frequently the root cause of wars.
- The vast majority of mobile applications constitute an invasion of privacy.
Related: 200+ More Interesting Research Paper Topics
We have a group of essay writing experts!
The various topics above are among many that you may find useful when creating your own. Aside from topic creation, you can also order original research on all the above topics on Eprowriters. Click the button below to place your order now!
Eprowriters.net is an afilliate blog of Eprowriters.com, a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We've progressed to an original concept as a result of our success. Our years of experience, consumer input, and market resources have resulted in the formation of Eprowriters, a one-of-a-kind online business.