The term "expository" derives from the word "to expose," which means that you should focus on a subject, define it, and describe it in this type of essay. Similarly, depending on the expository essay topics you choose, it might be an assessment or analysis of a particular issue. In general, an expository essay is a collective word for a variety of different types of essays, including cause and effect papers, descriptive essays, comparison essays, issue and solution essays, and process essays.
Tips for Writing an Expository Essay
Please keep in mind that the above list is merely an example to help you better understand what an expository essay is; feel free to create your own! Once you've chosen an expository essay topic, you'll probably need some pointers on how to organize your writing process. Thus, here are few pieces of guidance to assist you in writing an excellent expository essay.
If you lack the time to read this literature and create your paper independently, you may contact our expository essay writing service. All you have to do is click the "Hire writer" button!
To begin, consider the format of your explanatory essay. The basic framework (Introduction, Body, Conclusion) is best appropriate for this type of work. It is preferable to begin with the body, as here is where your major ideas will be located. Then you might consider writing an enticing introduction that will entice readers to continue reading your work. Finally, create a conclusion that summarizes your essay. It might be prudent to restate your key notion, indicating that you have either solved or described the problem (depending on the expository writing topics and purpose of your paper).
This is most likely the most crucial section of the explanatory essay. You should try to educate readers on the issue you are going to address while also maintaining their interest; they must grasp your expository writing topic.
For instance, if you're addressing illiteracy rates, you could say “It's difficult to believe that even in industrialized countries today, there are illiterate adults. Thus, what are the underlying causes of this problem? Let us ascertain.”
After you've organized your thoughts, it's time to draft your expository essay's first draft. However, be prepared to revise it multiple times. In any case, you'd like to bring attention to a problem or an issue, wouldn't you?
When you've been writing for a long period of time, you may miss certain trivial errors, typos, and so forth. Certain concepts could also be expressed more succinctly. As a result, you should hire someone to proofread your paper (by the way, this person should evaluate the choice of expository essay topics). You may also want to put it away for at least one day and return to it later. You may be shocked at how many things you wish to alter.
Exemplary Expository Essay Topics
Expository Essay Topics on Social Issues
- To vote or to abstain from voting? Describe potential consequences
- What can a young person do if they do not complete college?
- What are the consequences of adolescent alcoholism?
- Is adolescent pregnancy common?
- Why is there a need for a school uniform? Why would you not?
- What would you change if you were president of your country?
- What are the repercussions of substance abuse?
- Is it possible to have 'tolerance'? Is it functioning properly?
- Discuss the subject of the 'glass ceiling.' How can this be remedied?
- How, if at all, does Internet addiction effect children?
Related: A Basic Guide on How to Format your Essays in 2023
Ethical Considerations Topics for Expository Writing
- How do you interpret the phrase 'code of ethics'?
- What should a seventeen-year-old do if his girlfriend informs him that she is pregnant?
- Which parent would you prefer in the event of divorce, and why?
- Would you consent to the assisted suicide of a loved one?
- Consequences of Gun Control
- Would you abolish the death penalty and why?
- Is there really a thing as 'honor' in contemporary society?
- How would you put an end to racism?
- Demonstrate your moral sensibility
- Should abortion be made illegal?
Topics for Health Expository Writing
- Provide advice on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Healthy food: Describe the benefits of a healthy diet.
- Why are snacks and fast food unhealthy?
- Is it possible for the World Health Organization to truly cure 'incurable' diseases?
- There is a link between poverty and HIV. Why is this sickness so prevalent in impoverished countries?
- Does music have an effect on our health?
- The relationship between health and intelligence.
- What are the most often used ways for coping with ADSD?
- Are acts of courage and patriotism considered 'normal' in terms of mental health?
- How should a college student maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Related: Ideas for a Diagnostic Essay
Literature Expository Essay Topics
- Dorian Gray: Victim or Villain?
- Describe the methods used to create a female character in "A Doll's House"
- Analyze the author's stylistic choices in...
- Identify and define the primary symbols in "Leaves of Grass."
- Beowulf: The Epic's Influence on the Artistic Image of a Hero
- Consider the significance of supporting characters in a play.
- The Consequences of Being the Chosen One in Harry Potter
- John Snow: A valiant scoundrel
- The ramifications of H. G. Wells' "Time Machine"
- Describe the devices used in "The Golden Compass" to create humour.
Expository Essay Topics in History
- Describe the consequences of the invention of gunpowder
- Describe how the first newspaper was created.
- Consider the consequences of Queen Victoria's reign.
- Define Astronomy's function in Ancient Greece
- Describe how the export of silk and tea impacted modern China's economy.
- The samurai's dignity and Japan's industrial growth
- The French Revolution's Aftermath
- Crusaders: Were They Villains or Heroes?
- The Templars: Faithful Defenders or Mercenaries?
- The Causes and Effects of the 1920s Nationwide Prohibition
Related: 149 Examples of Good Exploratory Essay Topics for 2023
Expository Essay Topics in Science and Technology for College
- Consequences of the invention of the Internet
- Instagram: The causes and repercussions of social media addiction
- How did radio contribute to the modern world's development?
- General relativity's impact on modern science
- Arabic numbers vs. Latin numerals Why did the Arabic ones triumph?
- iPhone: A watershed moment in mobile technology.
- Why are Elon Musk's creations so destructive?
- The impact of Stephen Hawking on astrophysics
- Will humans ever set foot on Mars?
- Why is time travel (im)possible?
Religion and Philosophy Expository Topics
- Consequences of Nietzsche's God assertions
- Why are there no monotheistic religions?
- Jesus' depiction in Islamic religious tradition
- Christianity and the Middle Ages in Europe
- The Catholic church's reformation
- Can modern individuals depart in accordance with the ten commandments?
- Describe your comprehension of the seven deadly sins.
- What is your personal philosophy of life?
- Existentialism's influence on modern thought
- Is Aristotle's Republic constructible?
Expository Essay Topics in Education
- Adult illiteracy: causes and consequences
- How should your country's education system be improved?
- Is it possible to receive an excellent education at home?
- Which subjects are appropriate for school instruction?
- Is it appropriate for athletes to receive scholarships?
- Education beyond the high school level and its effect on a future career
- Is 'educated' synonymous with'smart'?
- Which disciplines should be excluded from compulsory education?
- What does it mean to be an effective educator?
- What is the difference between a private and a public school?
Related: Criminal Justice Research Topics That Will Astound Your Tutor in 2023
Expository Essay Topics on Personal Experience
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Describe your first sporting triumph.
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What is your most optimistic vision for the future?
- When did you first fall in love?
- Which teacher was your first? What effect did they have on your personality?
- How has your upbringing shaped your personality?
- What is it about cooking that you enjoy?
- Which film or book is your favorite?
College Expository Essay Topics
- What would you do if you had the ability to live indefinitely?
- What was it like on your first day of college?
- How do you balance your academics, a part-time job, and recreational activities?
- What are the primary reasons behind the rise in divorce rates in the United States of America?
- Has the Internet facilitated communication?
- Provide advice on how to achieve financial independence.
- Correlation between adolescent depression and suicide rates
- Is alcohol truly a problem solver?
- What would your world be like if you were to construct it?
- Describe contemporary concerns that are not being resolved successfully. Why is this occurring?
Read also: Great Ideas for Nursing Research for 2023
Expository Essay Topics for High School
- Who is your hero? Why?
- Would you like to be famous?
- Which musical genre are you a fan of? Why?
- Why is leadership not a skill that everyone possesses?
- Describe the process by which we might populate other planets.
- What if humanity discovered another form of conscious life that was less developed than ours? Would we adopt the conquistador model?
- What motivates you to pursue art/sport?
- Who would you like to meet from your history if you could?
- Is an apartment or a private house more convenient?
- Which superpower would you choose if you could have any?
Read also: A List of Influential Social Issues Essay Ideas and Topics for 2023 & Expository Essays: A Complete Guide
Consider Other Approaches to Writing Your Paper, such as Seeking Professional Assistance
It is possible that you will feel incapable of doing the task on your own. Naturally, in this instance, you could seek assistance from professionals. All that remains is to locate the appropriate ones. Whether you're having difficulty choosing an expository essay topic or simply don't know how to order your thoughts, these individuals may assist you. Eprowriters is an expert expository essay writing service at your disposal that can not only assist you in developing appropriate themes for your college paper but can also complete the assignment altogether for you.
Connect with one of our top expository essay writers and receive a custom-written paper sample by clicking on the prompt below!
Other Servicers Offered by Eprowriters include:
Eprowriters.net is an afilliate blog of Eprowriters.com, a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We've progressed to an original concept as a result of our success. Our years of experience, consumer input, and market resources have resulted in the formation of Eprowriters, a one-of-a-kind online business.