Evidence Based Practice and Applied Nursing Research
By Editorial Team Jan 07, 2022
A. Discuss the impact of a clinical practice problem on the patient(s) and the organization it affects.
- Identify the following PICO components of the clinical practice problem:
- patient/population/problem (P)
- intervention (I)
- comparison (C)
- outcome (O)
- Develop an evidence-based practice (EBP) question based on the clinical practice problem discussed in part A and the PICO components identified in part A1.
Note: Refer to “Appendix B: Question Development Tool” for information on the creation of an EBP question.
B. Select a research-based article that answers your EBP question from part A2 to conduct an evidence appraisal.
- Discuss the background or introduction (i.e., the purpose) of the research article.
- Describe the research methodology.
- Identify the level of evidence using the Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice (JHNEBP) model.
Note: The article you select should not be more than five years old. Note: Refer to “Appendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Tool” for information on how to level a research-based article.
- Summarize how the researcher analyzed the data in the article.
- Summarize the ethical consideration(s) of the research-based article. If none are present, explain why.
- Identify the quality rating of the research-based article according to the JHNEBP model.
Note: Refer to “Appendix E: Research Evidence Appraisal Tool” for information on how to establish the quality rating.
7. Analyze the results or conclusions of the research-based article and explain how the article helps answer your EBP question.
C. Select a non-research article from a peer-reviewed journal that helps to answer your EBP question from part A2 to conduct an evidence appraisal.
- Discuss the background or introduction (i.e., the purpose) of the non-research article.
- Describe the type of evidence (e.g., case study, quality improvement project, clinical practice guideline).
- Identify the level of evidence using the JHNEBP model.
Note: The article you select should not be more than five years old. Note: Refer to “Appendix F: Non-Research Evidence Appraisal Tool” for information on how to level the non-research-based article.
- Identify the quality rating of the non-research-based article according to the JHNEBP model.
- Discuss how the author’s recommendation(s) in the article helps to answer your EBP question.
D. Recommend a practice change that addresses your EBP question using both the research and non-research articles you selected for Part B and Part C.
- Explain how you would involve three key stakeholders in supporting the practice change recommendation.
- Discuss one specific barrier you may encounter when implementing the practice change recommendation.
- Identify one strategy that could be used to overcome the barrier discussed in part D2.
- Identify one outcome (the O component in PICO) from your EBP question to measure the recommended practice change.
E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
Need help with this assignment?
Place Your Order Now by:
- Describing your requirements to us. Fill out the order requirement form and tell us what kind of assignment assistance you desire. Upload any files or instructions that may help us better serve you. Once you submit the form, you will receive a pricing quote for your order.
- Making Payment For The Assignment. Once you've received the price quote, move on to the payment area. Because we only accept secure online payments, you can process the payment using your PayPal account.
- Getting a finished product. We will send you an email once your order has been confirmed. It contains the estimated date of delivery. However, your order may arrive ahead of schedule. So, keep a look out for the requested assignment solution in your account.
Click on the prompt below to place a custom order
Eprowriters.net is an afilliate blog of Eprowriters.com, a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We've progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.